Last month, we profiled 3 companies in the wind energy industry. Most companies in this sector are seeing steady gains on increased green energy initiatives around the globe.
Wind Energy in the Headlines
- U.S. Urged to Carve Out Wind, Solar Build Zones to Curb Delays (Reuters)
- Biggest Offshore Wind Farm in the U.S. Gets the Go-Ahead (Canary Media)
- Arizona’s Chevelon Butte Wind Farm Kicks Off with $267 Million Investment (KTAR News)
Wind Energy Outlook for 2023
According to Global Energy Consulting firm Wood Mackenzie, global wind energy will exceed the 1-terawatt threshold for installed capacity by year-end. One terawatt is equal to 1 trillion watts which is significant when you consider the estimated global demand for power is 17.7 terawatts.
Last month, we looked at three companies in the wind energy arena.
- Eniti, Inc. (NETI) share prices have increased from $11.45 to $129.98 since this time last month for a 13.36 percent increase month-over-month.
- Clearway Energy (CWEN) pulled back from $30 per share down to $28.11 for a decrease of 6.3% per share.
- TPI Composites, Inc. (TPIC) maker of wind turbine blades also pulled back from $12 to $10.55 for a 12.08 percent decrease in share price.
Among these 3 stocks, the clear winner is Eniti, Inc. (NETI).
NETI Daily Stock Chart (source: TradingView)
NETI has made an impressive run-up from $8 in May to $13.18 today.
Other Companies to Watch
- Vestas (OTC: VWDRY) has gapped-up from $8.50 to $9.15 over the past few days on reports of increased orders.
- General Electric (GE) has shown progressive growth from $64 in early January to today’s price of $111.59 for a 74.35% increase in share price over the year.
General Electric (GE) Stock Performance for 2023 YTD (Source: Tradingview)
Stay tuned to Global Investment Daily as we periodically monitor this sector.